Stamp Duty for real estate purchase — Hyderabad January 26th, 2013 Posted in Investments
What is Stamp Duty?
Stamp duty is a form of tax that is levied by the State and territory governments on a range of paper and electronic transactions. These taxes are variable across state and territories, and can be called stamp duty, transfer duty or general duty.
In parlance to real estate purchase, stamp duty is levied by State Governments levy stamp duty charges usually a buyer has to pay.
Stamp Duty must be paid in full and on time. If there is a delay in payment of stamp duty, it attracts penalty.
Stamp Duty in Hyderabad
Stamp Duty in Hyderabad — Stamp Duty Rate
The stamp duty is 5% of the property cost.
- Stamp Duty for real estate purchase — Kerala
- Stamp Duty for real estate purchase — Andhra Pradesh
- Stamp Duty for real estate purchase in Mumbai
- Real Estate Terminologies
- Step by Step process of online property tax in Hyderabad